Thank you for your patience and understanding!We're experiencing an upsurge in enquiries following some fantastic media attention. Thanks for bearing with us!
Our schemes will respond to your enquiries as soon as possible.
Scroll down to see our “Find a scheme” map and contact your local scheme directly.
About Homeshare UK
We are the UK network for Homeshare schemes. We believe Homeshare has the potential to change the face of social care in the UK. How? Homeshare enables two unrelated people to share a home for mutual benefit. The Homesharer benefits from low cost accommodation, while the Householder receives companionship and practical help in and around their home.
Benefits of Homeshare:
- helps people who need support such as older people, stay independently in their own homes for longer
- provides affordable accommodation for key workers and young people, at a time of record housing shortages and high rent.
What does HomeShare mean to Householders?
Looking for affordable accommodation?
Do you want to:
- Give something back to your community
- Live in quality affordable housing
- Make new friends
- Share your skills...and learn new ones?
Do you have a spare room?
If you do, you can:
- Give a young person a great start in life
- Maintain your independence
- Make new friends
- Gain peace of mind for yourself and your loved ones
- Share your skills...and learn new ones!
Too often we separate generations of old and young. Homeshare brings them together in a really positive way so that the older person can retain their independence and the younger person can have somewhere affordable to live. True symbiosis.Paul Streets, OBE
My Householder and I developed a strong bond of friendship based on respect, understanding and helping eachother out. They are like my second family now.Homesharer
Now I have a Homesharer, my middle-aged children feel reassured because there is someone else in the house with me.Householder
If someone has doubts about Homeshare, do it!
It has changed my life. All those years I lived alone but I’m not alone anymore – we’ve become friends.