Salary Scale: £20,496 pro rata 3 days (£34,471 FTE)
Accountable to: National Homeshare Manager
Hours: 22 Hours per week
Contract: Initial 12 month contract with extension subject to securing further funding.
Location: Home-based with travel around the UK.
Shared Lives Plus is the UK membership charity for more than 6,000 Shared Lives carers, 150 Shared Lives schemes and a growing network of over 25 local Homeshare organisations. Our vision is a kinder, stronger society built on sharing our lives and our homes. We help build communities where everyone lives a full life, regardless of the support they need. We do this by turning Shared Lives and Homeshare into thriving, mainstream options, with all the right structures in place to support and guide who want to share their lives and homes.
The Homeshare UK Team supports the development of new Homeshare programmes, provide day-to-day operational support for existing members, bring the network together regularly to share learning and good practice, work to raise the profile of the Homeshare model and provide policy and practice guidance for programmes.
Building on the successful development of the sector over the past seven years this role will:
- Providing continued support to our network members.
- Providing start-up and development support to new Homeshare programmes.
- Take the lead in maintaining our website and social media presence.
- Help drive up the quality of delivery of the Homeshare in the UK.
- Support Homeshare to become recognised as a mainstream housing and a preventative social care model.
- Work with the Homeshare UK team and our national leads to support the promotion of Homeshare across the UK.
- Support an increase in take-up of Homeshare particularly by people from diverse background and communities.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. To provide support to Homeshare UK network members
- Support development of strategic support and guidance on practice, quality, and safety issues to our members.
- Identify need and scope for new sector resources including; learning materials, guidance updates, and training, and take the lead on development or commissioning of resources in response.
- Work in partnership with the HSUK Team to develop workshop content and actively support the delivery of an annual National Conference for Homeshare UK network members.
- Take the lead on the administration of the Homeshare UK website. Create new content for the members-only and public areas of the website that reflects a vibrant and growing Homeshare sector.
- Support production of the annual Homeshare Sector report by helping develop questionnaires for the collection of information from key stakeholders, help collate information and support writing report content that captures, growth, good practice and key recommendations for the sector.
- Provide administration support including chairing and minuting meetings at four weekly Homeshare Network Sector online meetings.
2 Support the start-up and development of new Homeshare programmes
- Work with existing network members to review activity, practice and process and develop new business strategy and focus.
- Provide information, advice and active support to members wishing to develop, diversify and extend their service.
- Help promote the Homeshare model to wider communities and diverse groups through the delivery of workshops, seminars and talks.
- Support the further development of a ‘setting up’ resources pack for Homehsare providers and actively support the development and start-up of new Homeshare programmes across the UK
3. Support Homeshare programmes to become sustainable and deliver high-quality provision in line with the Homeshare Quality Assurance Framework and the Good Practice Guide
- Work with Homeshare programmes and stakeholders to further develop the scope and range of the Homeshare Quality Assurance Framework (QAF) and Good Practice Guide (GPG)
- Support programmes to align practice and process to those outlined and defined in the QAF and GPG.
- Promote Homeshare UK network membership as a badge of quality and reassurance to key stakeholders.
4. Help to expand the evidence base and business case for Homeshare
- Help Identify new partnerships with relevant national organisations and networks which may help Homeshare programmes to develop and diversify or which bring new partners into the sector.
- Support the HSUK Teams work with academic partners to explore and drive forward the development of a robust evidence base for outcomes measurement and cost-benefits of Homeshare.
5. Help raise awareness of the Homeshare model, Homeshare UK and the work of our network members
- Take the lead on actively supporting the promotion of the Homeshare Sector and Homeshare UK through social media channels
- Support the work of the Shared Lives Plus Communications Team by helping coordinate effective and timely engagement between the Homeshare Network Members, media and PR opportunities.
- Attend conferences, seminars and meetings representing Homeshare UK and promoting the work of the network through delivery of talks, briefings and round table discussion at both local and national level
6. To contribute to the effective administration of Shared Lives Plus
- Help identify funding sources and support applications to grant giving organisations to support the continuation and further development of the Homeshare UK network.
- Support the Development of Homeshare strategic support and advice services by helping develop paid for resources and delivery of consultancy to paying customers.
- Engage in continuous self-development and training.
- Promote diversity, equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice and Human Rights
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post.
|Experience and skills||
|Values and Behaviours||
Please submit your CV along with a supporting statement considering (based on all the details in the job description and person specification) why you feel you’re the person for us, directly to [email protected]
The closing date is 10th September 2021
Short pre-interviews will be on 15th September 2021 with interviews taking place 20th September 2021
Shared Lives Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. We welcome applicants regardless of race, religion or belief, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by law. We promote and protect human rights; they are the foundation of what we do.
We want to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and contribute their unique strengths and perspectives. We are focused on equality and believe that all the fascinating characteristics that make us different, make us more able to deliver our life-changing work with passion and creativity.
You can find out more about what it means to work at Shared Lives Plus here Working for Shared Lives Plus – Shared Lives Plus
More information about Homeshare UK and our network of providers can be found on the HSUK website. www.homeshareuk.org