Accountable to: Head of Homeshare UK
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Initial 5 Years Fixed Term contract with the possibility of extension.
Location: Home-based with occasional travel to our head office in Liverpool plus travel to Franchises locations when required.
Shared Lives Plus is the UK membership charity for more than 6,000 Shared Lives carers, 150 Shared Lives schemes and a growing network of over 25 local Homeshare organisations. Our vision is a kinder, stronger society built on sharing our lives and our homes. We help build communities where everyone lives a full life, regardless of the support they need. We do this by turning Shared Lives and Homeshare into thriving, mainstream options, with all the right structures in place to support and guide those who want to share their lives and homes.
We have recently secured funding to further develop Homeshare in the UK in areas of the country that are currently not well serviced by our existing network. One of the ways we aim to achieve this is by developing a Social Franchise model to support the start-up and delivery of Homeshare in smaller towns and rural areas.
The Homeshare UK Social Franchise Manager is a key role in our new service delivery team. You will work closely with the Homeshare UK Services Manager and the Head of Homeshare UK to bring Homeshare to many more people across the UK. The role will also contribute to the further development of knowledge, expertise, and practical resources supporting the wider Homeshare UK network.
Shared Lives Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled, and rewarded by their work. We welcome applicants regardless of race, religion or belief, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by law. We promote and protect human rights; they are the foundation of what we do.
We want to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and contribute their unique strengths and perspectives. We are focused on equality and believe that all the fascinating characteristics that make us different, make us more able to deliver our life-changing work with passion and creativity.
The overarching objectives of this role include:
- Supporting initial development of the Franchise Model
- Take the lead on the development of key resources for the Social Franchise programme including online training, guidance, and tools and templates.
- Managing the day to day activities of the Social Franchise strand of our work including; recruitment, initial training, and providing ongoing support to Franchisees
- Line Management of Social Franchise staff
- Promoting the Homeshare model
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholder groups
- Be an active and cooperative member of the wider Homehsare UK team who provides support advice and guidance to our 25 existing Homeshare UK network members.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Developing the infrastructure for the Homeshare UK Social Franchise programme
- Take the lead on collection and collation of underpinning feasibility work to help identify key areas of the UK that would support Homeshare Social Franchise activity.
- Work with The Social Franchise Company to support the development of our Social Franchise offer
- Working within the Homeshare UK, Quality Assurance Framework and Good Practice Guidance develop appropriate onboarding training, processes, and paperwork for the delivery of the Social Franchise programme
- Support the development of a CRM system and online monitoring tools to help manage the programme and to capture information about participants.
2. Day to day delivery of the Homeshare Social Franchise programme
- Line Manage Social Franchise staff as they come on board (1 person in year one)
- Recruit Franchisees to the progamme
- Provide initial training and start-up support to new Franchisees including; reviewing business plans and support with marketing
- Provide ongoing support to Franchisees ensuring they are working in accordance with the Homeshare UK Good Practice Guide and Quality Assurance Framework.
- Ensure Franchisees are maintaining accurate records and standards
- Identify and support the development of ongoing training support for our Franchisees
- Take the lead on bringing our Franchisee network together regularly to support the development of a thriving Homeshare UK Social Franchise Community.
- Take the lead on any safeguarding issues that may arise within the programme
- Provide regular verbal and written reports and information.
- Be responsible for collecting and collating outcomes data for the programmes and provide quarterly and annual reports.
3. Raise awareness of Homeshare and the Homeshare UK Social Franchise programme
- Promote the Homeshare Social Franchise Opportunity and the Homeshare model in key development locations across the UK.
- Actively promote Homeshare and the Social Franchise programme through our existing social media channels and by providing regular content for the Homeshare UK website
- Support the wider work of HSUK and the HSUK Communications Officer by helping coordinate effective and timely engagement between the Homeshare participants (generated by our Social Franchisees), media, and PR opportunities.
- Attend any conferences, seminars and meetings representing Homeshare UK and promoting the programme through delivery of talks, briefings, and round table discussion at both local and national level
- Working with the HSUK Team help Identify the need and scope for new resources including learning materials, guidance updates, and training that will be beneficial to the wider Homeshare sector
- Actively support the collection of data, case studies and provide content for the annual Homeshare Sector Reports
- Actively engage with the Homeshare UK network attending monthly practice meetings, training events and annual conference
- Work in accordance with Shared Lives Plus aims, objectives, policies, and procedures and promote a positive image of the organisation and its members
- Engage in continuous self-development and training
- Promote diversity, equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice and Human Rights
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post.
|Experience and skills||
|Values and Behaviours||
Please submit your CV along with a supporting statement based on all the details in the job description and person specification telling us why you feel you’re the person for us to [email protected]
The closing date is: 29th October 2021
Short pre-interviews will be on the 4th November 2021 with final interviews taking place on 12th November 2021
We envisage that the successful candidate will take up the post early in January 2022.
You can find out more about what it means to work at Shared Lives Plus via this link Working for Shared Lives Plus – Shared Lives Plus
More information about Homeshare UK and our network of providers can be found on the HSUK website. www.homeshareuk.org