Salary Scale: £26,371
Accountable to: Head of Communications and Marketing
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Initial 5 Years Fixed Term contract with the possibility of extension.
Location: Home-based or based in our offices in Liverpool with occasional travel to other locations in the UK.
Shared Lives Plus is the UK membership charity for more than 6,000 Shared Lives carers, 150 Shared Lives schemes and a growing network of over 25 Homeshare services.
Our vision is a kinder, stronger society built on sharing our lives and our homes. We help build communities where everyone lives a full life, regardless of the support they need. We do this by turning Shared Lives, Homeshare and Family by Family into thriving, mainstream options, with all the right structures in place to support and guide those who want to share their lives and homes.
Homeshare UK is the network for Homeshare services supported by a team at Shared Lives Plus. We’ve recently secured funding to develop two new Homeshare services in Liverpool and Newcastle, as well as develop a social franchise model for small towns and rural areas.
Shared Lives Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. We welcome applicants regardless of race, religion or belief, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by law. We promote and protect human rights; they are the foundation of what we do.
We want to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and contribute their unique strengths and perspectives. We are focused on equality and believe that all the fascinating characteristics that make us different, make us more able to deliver our life-changing work with passion and creativity.
Overview of the role
We are looking for a communications officer who can help our existing network and new Homeshare services grow to scale, reach new audiences and compel them to action. Can you write copy that engages and inspires? Can your words change attitudes and actions? If you come alive working in a fast-paced environment aren’t afraid of a challenge and skilled in navigating complex relationships, we would love to receive your application. You will be responsible for delivering tactical marketing, communications and media relations to promote Homeshare at a national, regional and local level. This is a role where understanding across disciplines is essential to coordinate and deliver full communications for Homeshare UK.
You will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to produce high-quality creative, effective and accurate press and marketing materials. You will be working with a diverse range of internal clients – an understanding of housing, social enterprise, or older people’s interests would be an advantage.
Shared Lives Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. We welcome applicants regardless of race, religion or belief, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by law. We promote and protect human rights; they are the foundation of what we do. We want to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and contribute their unique strengths and perspectives. We are focused on equality and believe that the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different, make us more able to deliver our life-changing work with passion and creativity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering communications plans and tactics for colleagues leading Homeshare UK’s new programme of work and membership network. The role will drive national, trade and regional media interest and growth for Homeshare services in key locations across the UK, and its social franchise model, developing marketing to support services’ growth, along with maintaining and updating our digital platform and social media channels.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Advising Homeshare UK colleagues and members on the most effective forms of communication for their target audience
- Creating, editing and uploading content for the web, social media communities, print marketing collateral and internal communications
- Sourcing stories about Homeshare for news articles for regional, national and trade media
- Collating and maintaining regional press and media lists
- Copywriting, editing, proofreading for publications and internal bulletins
- Editing the website and other digital platforms
- Assisting in the management of the story, image, video and design libraries
- Developing and delivering communications channels and processes to ensure consistency and delivery of work on time to internal clients and external audiences
- Organising and developing creative marketing campaigns with online and print marketing collateral, sourcing quotes and liaising with designers
- Regularly monitoring and evaluating engagement in communications channels which can provide insight into current trends and contribute to the Communication team’s operational planning
- Working with people who participate in Homeshare and their local organisation to bring Homeshare to life with key audiences
- Contributing to the team’s strategic planning with ideas to improve communications and engagement based on evidence
- Building strong internal relationships to support colleagues across the organisation to promote brand consistency, tone of voice and facilitate robust communications internally and externally.
- Actively engage with the Homeshare UK network attending monthly practice meetings, training events and annual conference
- Work in accordance with Shared Lives Plus aims, objectives, policies, and procedures and promote a positive image of the organisations and its members
- Engage in continuous self-development and training
- Promote diversity, equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice and Human Rights
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post.
|Experience and skills||
|Values and Behaviours||
Please submit your CV along with a supporting statement based on all the details in the job description and person specification telling us why you feel you’re the person for us to: [email protected]
The closing date is: 29th October 2021
Short pre-interviews will be on the 19th November 2021 with final interviews taking place on 22nd November 2021
We envisage that the successful candidate will take up the post early in January 2022.
You can find out more about what it means to work at Shared Lives Plus via this link Working for Shared Lives Plus – Shared Lives Plus
More information about Homeshare UK and our network of providers can be found on the HSUK website. www.homeshareuk.org