Find our latest vacancies on this page
How to promote human rights in your community
- Got room in your home and heart? Become a Shared Lives carer
- Want to give something back to a younger person or promote well-being for older people, find out about Homeshare
- Help us raise awareness – Check out our digital toolkit for ways you can help spread the word about Shared Lives and Human rights
- Get the story of you and the people you live with out there and think about how you promote their human rights
- How do your local services promote human rights? Look at our strategic advice work – how to unlock the funding systems in your area to bring about person-centred change.
If you are part of Shared Lives, or providing or receiving any kind of health or care support, find out what human rights you have.
We’ve listed the rights we think may be most relevant to Shared Lives and Homeshare:
- The right to respect for a private and family life, home and correspondence
- The right to life
- The right to be free from inhuman or degrading treatment
- The right to liberty
- The right not to be discrimated against when relying on your other rights
If you would like to find out if you’re dealing with a human rights issue, the British Insitute of Human Rights has created these amazing online tools to help you work out what you can do – we encourage everyone to use them.